fredag 27 september 2013

Junkyard or...

A small guesthouse in our garden, app 30 sq metres divided into two rooms. A house that´s become a nice space where I can play my music and dream of fortunes and fame. Somehow it started with a couple of guitars and amplifiers that by now have grown in porportions like mad.

Searching every fleamarket, and scrapyards nearby have given me lot´s of gadgets that can be used in my little studio. Cause thats what I call it. Many of those gadgets have been brought home in hope they could be repair´d and later used as some kind of studio equipment and lucky for me, it has worked out just fine.

Today at least I can call it a Studio, even if it isnt HighTech in any way. Main part of the things is old things. Even the computer is regarded old by today´s standards. But still it works fine for me and have not cost a load of money.

Both walls of the outer room is by now stacked by amplifiers and speakers. 
the mighty BURNS Orbit Three D12. the VOX AD60 witha homemade cabinet.

playroom´s PA & mixer stack. including 2 old scrapyard mixers, 400 watt power-amp,
80 watt Stereoamplifier, EQ units and some sound effect gadget in the stack. Main part of those gadgets come´s from the scrapyard, even the heartshaped chair is a scrap finding.

me sweet little BURNS Double B 100 watt bass amp and a cab with 15 inch FANE speaker. Also one more homebuilt speaker system with 2 x 12". not to forget the cheap scrapyard guitar.


in the control room I stack´d up no less then 2 electronic organs from the 60´s and 2 keyboard´s. Keyboards bought cheap second hand, organs collected for free as scrap. Those organs that was so popular during the 60´s-70´s and costed a fortune has absolutly no value today. You can have them for free, still they are very nice sounding instruments.


Three heart´s in the system. SONY reel to reel taperecorders used with the hope of getting some kind of 60´s sound to the recorded tracks.


the modern heart of the studio. A computer, a mixer and a Sappire 6 soundcard. Mainly caused by "no money" I use a recording program called AudaCity. A nice tool that I´ve learned to use and it works fine for me.
so here on a swivel chair with an old guitar as a seat I can look out thrue the window in to the playroom.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar