söndag 27 februari 2011

"today gears"

Here samples of my 2011 collection.

Caused by economic problems some years ago a lot of my guitars and gear was sold of. Today I try in some way to find the gear that I hope could be included in my future collection.

In order to get a suitible set of gears I sold me ole Crate B160 and a VOX AD60 topboost took its place. The Vox seams to be the perfect amp to obtain the kind of sound I search for. The problem was now to find a loudspeaker cabinet with hopefully 1 or 2, 12 inch speakers. Resulting in me buying a second hand 75 watt Line 6 combo.

Burns Bison-62, VOX AD60 topboost, Line 6 o PB-10 amp

Things didnt go exactly my way, the Line 6 amp was soon fixed and working properly, so why scrap it? Thats me problem to solve in the near future. Eiter to go on scrapping the amp and use only its cab and speaker, or sell it in favour of a speaker cabinet that suits the VOX.

Burns Marvin Marquee-2005, FMS-Bison homemade,
Burns Bison-62 2001

Hank B Marvin design`d/autographed pic.
Some where down the line Hank B designed his very own pic with
his own design. Two of them is still in my collection and
was bought by me already in 1965

Collection of pics including org Burns Pics and holder.

Burns Marvin Marquee-2005

Burns Bison-62 2001
bought a month ago. Natuarly I hope to find an original
Burns Bison but with todays prices it seams like a dream.

Ibanez AF75 Artcore 1995,
possibly to be called my everyday workhorse

FMS-Bison homemade
with the love for Bison guitars in mind I buildt this
guitar app 20 years ago.

Unknown LesPaul-ish

Ibanez Concord Jumbo 1972,
one of the company´s famous lawsuit models.

Galson Jazz bass, fretlsee 1972,
the bass that I use instead of me original
1966 Fender Jazz bass. In my opinion this one is in
every respect a much better instrument.

Gibson ES355 1966,
the guitar bought after loosing med Barney Kessel Guitar.
Unfortinutly it was never as good as so I stored it away in its case.

Bjärton Fleur 1965,
got it as a total rebuild från the Red Cross second hand shop.
A really great guitar with sound from the 60-ies.

Framus Archtop 1962
the guitar was found as scrap, a new back was made.
Tripple humbuckers was fitted.

Unknown archtop, great player.
bought at 100,oo skr. The perfect party guitar.

During me life I have never ranked a guitar after its brandname. A good guitar is the one that I do love to play. If its made in China or USA doesnt matter at all. A guitar and its qualities is the thing only You as a player can sense.

During the early-mid 60-ies there was a clear difference between Luthiers and Guitarmakers. The later being companies that mass-produced numbers of exactly the same guitars. Those was often sold cheap by postal order or at different shopping malls.

Among those brands was for example: Fender and Harmony.
While brands like Gibson, Martin, Ephiphone, Gretsch was adressed as luthiers.

The same was to find among guitars from Europe. Even if many European producers manufactored both cheap massproduction guitars and expensive Luthier produced instruments.
The only European luthier that I know of was the swedish company Herman Carlson Levin who made extremly high quality guitars.
In Germany Höfner was producing both cheap simple guitars and expensve one´s.

Today invasion of guitars made in Asia is a kind of blessing for all guitar lovers. Now we can buy a high quality guitar for less money.

Prices now and then/
My first Höfner guitar was bought new in 1964 at the price of 700,oo skr. That meant that I was forced to work for almost three weeks just to pay for the guitar.
Today I can with ease buy a guitar with similar quality for app 1000-1500,oo skr. But the normal sallery today is 25000,oo a month!
I only need to work for app 10 hours to buy the guitar.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar