måndag 8 april 2013

making music

A simple chord on the guitar, strummed in a special way may sometime´s be the little thing that make´s it possible for me to write a new song. 

Most of the time it´s a word or a couple of word´s that together as a sentence form the first part of a song. But this song started of with a chord.


The E-minor chord strummed on the top strings, altered with a F# bass. Hmmm that seams to sound great! 
Bar after bar is written down, different chords added to the first E minor. Suddenly I realise that the first verse and chorus is 32 bars long. What the hell is this?


At this stage I do know exactly how I want my new song to be, a mix between opera and theme song from a religios movie. Millions of violins that fade out exchanged for heavy hard beating drums and distorted guitars.


A voice so clear and bright, it seams to cut the air in half´s. In some kind of midevil  song.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar