fredag 25 januari 2013

"who the f ?????"

As the title tells, with more then 17000 wisitors to my "music-world" I often wonder´s WHO YOU ARE? During a couple of year´s with this blog None what so ever have made a comment!!


Guitar Junk-yard in BURNS fashion

Anyway Me thought´s about music is always present, doesnt matter what kind of music you´re into. Listen to the people around you, you freinds and they will all tell about their big interesst in music. 


the great Willie Nelson

- I do really listen and enjoy all kind of music!!
- Ohh, how nice, what do You think about this C&W singer from US.
- No for heavens sake i dont listen to C&W.
- So what about...... that Tecno group  from Germany or this ballad singer from Sweden, a Wagner opera, Heavy Metal, Jazz ? 


Billy Idol, where is he now?

After a while I realise that me freinds music taste is extremly narrow minded. Well yes its possible to take different kind of music genres and split them into sub-genres wich has been done. 


Genitortures

Already in the late 50´s I discovered something called Rhytm & Blue´s. This was by then a genre in Jazz music! In the 60´s the same R & B was play´d by gret guitarplayers on the Rock scene, and today R & B seam to be a genre in Tecno-Rap music??? !!! 

So what did Mr Beethoven, Mozart and Chopin think about R & B??

Internet is an amazing thing for sure, you just write a simple word and suddenly the hole world is at you screen. Here you could find pictures, novels, even music. So today i started to search for music at possibly Swedens largest record store online. Ginza. As among all kinds of music that I enjoy there also is included Opera. 


Gitta Maria Sjöberg, one of a few Opera super stars
here perfroming Tosca

As a youngster one of me best freinds did have a little sister. A girl in a cute dress tht groved to become one of a few Opera stars!! This artist that lately celebrated 25 years in the world of opera was impossible to find on a record!!!!!???? She who have performed at scenes all over the world!! 


Mirella Piskanen, fantastic violinplayer and artist living in Neatherlands.

Maybe that is the world of music. Music that seam to be hidden somewhere, music you cant buy and play at home on your music-system. It´s funny isnt it. The world we do live in does have Thousands of ever so good and popular artist that can be bought and heard on records all over the world, still there a artist in its genre that most people never even hear of, or could hear caused by the lack of recordings.

Are we all living in a small pond? Where artist´s that make people pay hundreds of pound to listen to on stage, never reach out from their own pond´s. 


Orianhi, Australian guitarplayer-singer here with Alice Cooper.

When a freind of mine at his Facebooks site seam´d to have listened to a female Rockstar from down under, I natuarly took the opportunity to listen. She was in fact great and also an artist that i never heard of, in my pond!


Marilyn Martin, 
gave up  the scene where she performed with Phil Collins, 
today working at a daycare center for kids.

At this moment NAMM seam to be the place to be. Some of my freinds will be there at this Guitar exhibition. 



While I sit inside a warm house looking at the white shit outside, and sense the cold. In fact the perfect conditions for playing music, writing music and building guitars. Me other huge interessts like cars and yacht´s have to wait for spring, caused by the cold weather.


the "dare-Burns Vibraslim" lowbudget clone.

So there we are with a guitarproject that seam to be near finished. After wiring it up and painting the body in Brittish Racing Green (Jaguar colour) it was clear to me that the finish of the guitar was´nt perect, so that part of the job have to be done all over.


the "dare-Burns Marvin Bass" clone with 4 pickups!

The 4´th pickup or me bass project arrived and with that I could finally connect everything and test it. Next step will be to dismantle the bass, paint in and make it shine like a star on bass heaven.



You might ask why I build guitars that´s at least partly copies of some really nice originals? But then again, you could go out and buy different Fender / Gibson guitars both as originals and as copies made all over the world. You could even buy those guitars as DIY kits. Some of em is really shitty things, but some may even be as good as or better then the original. 

On my behalf I do love the design of Burns Guitars, and as me pocket seams constantly empty I cant afford to buy the real thing. Well the real thing might be an old collectors item with a pricetag the same as a good second hand car. so the part of my dream guitars is way out of reach for me in this life time. Forced to build me own copies. 



Still they have their place on top at me wishing list to Santa every year.

"Dear Santa,  
I have been a really nice boy-man ever since last Christmas this is my wishing list to you."

 1: a Burns Marquee Bass

2: a Burns Bison Bass

3: a Burns Bison-64 with the proper tremolo

4: the Burns Barracuda Barriton guitar

5: not to forget the Gretsch 6122
the same as the one you gave George Harrison.

So now I lost me urge to continue writing todays blog, but if you dear reader reached this far it would be ever so nice to get a comment or two.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar