måndag 19 januari 2015

and so it is Christmas....

As a kid I read a book about two animals and their life together, I dont know it´s English title, sorry. But at the 23 of July one of the said tomorrow its Christmas. The 24th of JUL-y. It was´nt true for sure but i do wonder if not the 19th of January can be Christmas?

When I started up the Facebook "Burns Guitars & Amplifiers" forum it was great to see that so many was interessted and became members in our forum. Then a couple of week´s ago the forum members was offered a Burns Orbit Six for free! It´s owner was´nt interessted in it anymore, and it did have some faults plus it did look like shit.

Burns Orbit Six
80 watt plus with 3 x 12" speakers
Natuarly I told him that this kind of amp was something i had been hoping to buy for years. Just to make my weird collection of different Burns amplifiers complete. He seam´d happy and told me he would send it to me. Much better then sending it to the scrapyard.

Burns Orbit Six, Orbit Three & Bison-64
So today my a new-old Burns Orbit amp was added to my collection, and within half an hour I was about to make it work once again. The amp was cleaned inside and out, a few parts that wasnt working was exchanged, and after a couple of hour work. The 50 year old amplifier was once again back in buisness.

The "ORBIT" part of my collection is then filled! No more to dream of, hope for. If something is missing it may be one of those PA amplifiers and some of the speaker cabinets from Burns. Those are amps and cabinets that Ive only seen on old pictures.


Burns Orbit Three Double 12
60 watt combo with 2 x 12" speakers.

Burns Orbit Two
40 watt with 2 x 10" speakers

Burns Orbit Three
60 watt with 3 x 10" speakers


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar