tisdag 31 januari 2012

 shopdisplay for Burns guitarpics in 1965,at your right side is the orginal Burns pics from 1965 and the Hank B Marvin design´d original. On display is also Gitz-Levin pics from the same year and a pic from the legendary SUN studios.

One thing in my life is the creation of a new tune, cant say it follows a certain pattern but suddenly its just there inside my mind. Pen and paper may come handy and after a bit of struggle there it is.

Next step is to record it with the same sound as I clearly can hear inside me head. That´s when the big problemes occure.


The song in my mind this time is called “like a butterfly”. The title in it self may sound harmless but as far as i know the english language is exellent in that way, you can use its words. What I try to tell with the lyris can mean so many different things for the listener.

 
Epiphone ES175-3 Bigsby

One of my greatest problems with music to keep in rhytm, thats why i love a good drummer, or even the rhytm pattern in my keyboard. It keeps me in rhytm.  Already at first class in school i was taught to count. One, two, three and four. Its easy but when it comes to music it may cause a huge problem.
 EKO 290-2V 1964

So i wrote this song, recorded it and was at least a bit satisfied with it, and the sound of it even if my voice doesnt do it any good. So the music was sent to one of the great female voice´s in my “wanna be” band.

She listened to it and suddenly there was a load of problems. A matter of mathematics thats for sure. Possibly she did struggle with the lyrics and the tune in her ears, but it didnt match at all. So she told me and once again i  started to listen to it, realising it was totaly wrong. Not all of it, but somewhere I lost the rhytm.

I then started to make a new recording, starting of with track one where i used my Epiphone ES175 to create the sound of a rhytmguitar. The VOX amp and its hundreds of different sound patterns did the rest of the job. Yet another track with the same guitar was recorded, before I with the help of me EKO 290 guitar recorded two different tracks with leadguitar.

With the fact in mind that I´m still very much in the old analog taperecorder style of recording music, i was forced to do this operation over and over again. Mainly cause I did loads of fault in me playing. So after app 10 times recording the same leadtune I was almost satisfied. Next step, and the last one will be to record some strings and horns from me Casio keyboard.

At this very moment I do hope this new recording will satisfye the female voice. Even if it does´nt sound exactly as it did in me head while i was writing the tune.

You can find a link to the tune in its instrumental version below. Hope you like it.


Whats more om my music-front:
The construction of the loudspeaker cabinett out of an old bookshelf , a midrange speaker and two 12” speakes went in to its final stage when a piece of darkblue cloth was fitted as a front to the cabinet. It looks almost good even if its not a pro-build loudspeaker. Still it sounds app 400,oo£ worth, in other words great.

VOX AD60 and Bookshelf speaker.

I´m still waiting for delivery of me Ebay/Burns amplifier from the UK. Maybe there will also be a Burns speaker cabinet. Hopefully my freind Richard will soon send it to me. For certain it will be amazing to plug it in, and hopefully listen to the sound of it for the first time.



This amp is the smaller one in the Burns range of the 60-ies, with only 30 watt output. As such its extremly uncommon in Sweden where the bigger units was sold back then. the Burns Orbit Double 12 and Three was during that time a step into the future of guitar amplifiers.

Burns Orbit Double Twelve-1964

Owners with the grat VOX AC 30&50 amps exchanged them for this new transistor amp, wich didnt have the inbuildt noice problem. A couple of years later most of those transistor amp´s was thrash´d. The VOX´s, Marshall´s  and Fenders was back on stage.

VOX amplifiers of the 60-ies

 
 
Burns pic included in purchase of Burns LondonMarvin guitar 2005

A new guitarplaying freind of mine at Facebook did like my idea of sending him a couple of original Burns pics to match his collection of Burns Marvin guitars. Hope he will like em, and Im sure he will never ever use them. They will be for show use only as they today is collectors item.

the original Hank B Marvin designed pic 1964

Internet radio station, high quality delivering great music of various kind.

Latest:
A tune that I did write a couple of weeks ago is at this very moment undergoing a total transformation, thanks to the cold weather outside. This time I do my best to make it sound as if it was done in the heavy metal era. Or maybe even sound like a modern tune, this it not an easy task at all with me background in harmonics and sound´s of the 60-ies. But as far as recording has developed it seam´s possible to find the right sound.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar